all that women want
Quick Kidney Bean Burgers
If you love a bean burger, you'll be delighted with this recipe - especially as it only takes a few minutes. This recipe is egg free, dairy free and nut free. Suitable for vegans.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Makes 6 burgers
tin (400g) kidney beans
Serve on lightly toasted buns with a salad and relish
1. Drain, rinse then mash the kidney beans.
2. Mix together the beans, tomatoes, garlic and herbs in a large bowl.
3. Add the breadcrumbs and semolina. Mix well.
4. Add soy sauce and lemon juice. If necessary add a tablespoon of water to increase moisture (but dont be tempted to add any more!)
5. Shape into burgers.
6. Gently fry the burgers in the vegetable oil until golden brown, approximately about 10-15 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of © The Vegetarian Society 2015